Friday, August 14, 2009

Home-schooling Dharma


I personally have no idea at what age the sense of humor begins to grow in children. But as days go by, I notice every step in my children’s growth is filled with wonders, amazement and much laughter.

For instance, my husband and I have begun teaching our son, Dharma, the alphabet since last month. We would point at letters and say the name of each one out-loud.

“This is an A, Dharma. That is a B,” we told him – and so on.

The funny thing happened as my husband was teaching him the letter E.

“That is an E, Dharma.”

“What is that, Daddy?” he asked back.

“That’s an E,” Octavian repeated.

“What is that, Daddy?” again, he asked.

“That’s an E…!”

“What is that, Daddy?”

“An E, Dharma! That’s an E…!! The letter E…!!!”

“What is that, Daddy?”

After repeating the course for about twenty times, finally Octavian felt completely exhausted and upset.

“Oh, Dharma…! I give up!”

“What is that, Daddy?”

“Ah! I don’t know, Dharma,” he groaned. “I don’t know what that is!”

With a sweet, triumphant smile, our son answered, “That’s an E, Daddy!”

No comments:

Post a Comment